Students seeking admission in various streams in B.A./B.Com./ B.Sc. 1st year should fulfill the following minimum eligibility conditions (As per the ordinance of H.P. University, Shimla):
1.1 Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) Pass Course
10+2 examination under 10+2 or an examination equivalent thereto of a board/University established by law in India with pass in five written subject (including English) with 33% marks.
1.2 Bachelor of (B. Com.) Commerce Pass Course
- 10+2 examination under Commerce or an examination equivalent thereto of a Board/University established by law in India with pass in four written subjects (including English) with 45% marks (33% for girls students). OR
- For admission to B.Com. the candidate must have passed Maths/Economics as a Compulsory subject at 10+2 Stage.
1.3 Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Pass Course
- 10+2 examination under Science or an examination equivalent thereto of a Board/University established by law in India with at least three Science elective subjects and one English) with 45% marks.
- The students of National Institute of Open School (NIOS) who have passed all five subjects by securing requisite marks will be admitted.
- Upper age limit for admission to B.A./B. Sc./B. Com. in 1styear is 23 years as on 1stJuly, 2022. For girl candidates, it is 25 years as on 1stJuly, 2022. Age relaxation of three years is allowed in case of SC/ST candidates. The persons with benchmark disabilities shall be given an upper age relaxation of five years.
- Cultural and sports seats will be filled in strictly according to the merit in sports and cultural fields. Students who have achieved distinction at International, National and State levels, as duly verified / certified by Govt. Authorities, will be given preference.
- Admission given in 1styear will be purely provisional and if admission of any candidate is cancelled by University, the College will not be responsible for that.
- Admission shall not be allowed in any case to the students with compartment at 10+2 level.
- Fresh entrants (B.A./ B.Com./ B.Sc. 1styear) will have to fill online University Registration Form after their admission.
- Fresh entrants will have to produce Character Certificate issued by the Principal of the last school / college attended. Candidates with gap year should produce a character certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer / Pradhan of their Gram Panchayat / Municipal Councilor.
- Old college students (candidates who have passed last examination in regular capacity in this college) need not to produce their character certificate.
- Candidates with gap year will have to upload an affidavit/ Self Declaration stating facts/ reasons for discontinuation of studies that account for the gap year(s).
- Bonafide Himachali Certificate must be shown and its copy must uploaded with the Admission Form by the girl students only to get fee concession that is permissible under rules.